Canada’s Federal Skilled Trades Program
Federal Skilled Trades Program provides another great opportunity to those immigrants wishing to join the Canadian workforce. The applicant needs to have skills in various specific areas.
If you want to pursue your career in this direction then, hiring an immigration lawyer is a must. Canada Immigration accepts only limited applications for processing for the Federal Skilled Trades Program. An immigration lawyer can help you in preparing the application timely and correctly.
Requirements for Applying Under ‘Federal Skilled Trades Program’
- Planning to stay outside the province of Quebec
- Match the required levels in English or French, proficiency in speaking, reading, writing, and listening
- 2 years full-time experience as skilled trade before applying
- Fulfill all the requirements predefined by National Occupational Classification (NOC)
- Certification issued by territorial authority defining full-time employment of at least one year
Requirements of National Occupation Classification
FSTP applications have been separated from ‘Major Groups’ by Canadian government. Now, there are 43 skilled job categories and applicants are required to choose the correct category. Applicants need to provide credentials required to fulfill that jobs requirements. This process can be complex and it is advisable to consult a skilled immigration lawyer before applying.
Major Groups organized under FSTP
- Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades,
- Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades,
- Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production, and
- Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators.
Language Skills for ‘Federal Skilled Trades Program’
Applicant must qualify the language test requiring – reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in English or French language. The organizations approved by CIC carry out these language tests.
Rejection of Application for Federal Skilled Trades Program
Some applications may be rejected due to certain reasons including criminality, health, security and or financial.
Contact Our Skilled Lawyers in Canada
Getting success in Canadian Federal Skilled Trade Program is quite complex. There are numerous alternatives built to overcome this program. An expert can not only guide you towards the best path but ensure your application is properly prepared and supported. Thus, don’t waste your time and efforts preparing your application without proper advice.
Book an appointment to discuss your prospective options and get success in the Federal Skilled Trades Immigration Program.