Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
Controlled and operated by the Government of Alberta, in union with Citizenship and Immigration Canada, ‘The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program’ has been formed in order to support province’s economic growth through immigrants who are absolutely ready to work.
Nominated immigrants along with their spouse/partner and children can then apply for Permanent Residence through this program. It should be remembered that ‘Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program’ nominations are not issued to fulfil the purpose of obtaining extensions in temporary work permits.
AINP Eligibility For Skilled Workers
- You should be a foreign worker having a full-time, permanent job offer from an employer of Alberta
- You are an employer from Alberta who wants to retain a skilled foreign worker on a full time and permanent basis.
AINP Eligibility For International Graduates
- You graduated recently from any Canadian post-secondary institution and now have landed yourself a permanent and full-time job from an employer of Alberta
- You are an employer from Alberta who wants to retain an international graduate on a full-time and permanent basis
AINP Eligibility For Semi-skilled Workers
- You, being a foreign worker, have in your hand a permanent full-time job offer from an employer of Alberta
- You are an employer from Alberta who wants to retain an eligible but semi-skilled foreign worker on a full time and permanent basis.
Eligibility Job Categories For The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
- Food and beverage processing industry
- Front desk agent/clerk (Tourism)
- Room attendants and Food and beverage servers (Tourism)
- Long-Haul Trucking industry
- Manufacturing industry
- Foodservices industry
- Engineer (engineer, drafter, designer, with work experience in Alberta)
- Farmer (who wants to settle in Alberta in order to purchase or establish a farming business)
Recent changes have been made to the following AINP streams and categories
NEW for the Foodservices Industry Pilot Project – All employers regardless of their previous approvals now qualify to apply nominations for up to 20% of their entire workforce per restaurant location – available only till November 28, 2013
NEW category – Strategic Recruitment Stream now also includes International Graduates in their Post-Graduate Worker Category along with International Graduate Category of the Employer-Driven Stream
NEW Streamlined Criteria and NEW Skilled and Semi-Skilled Occupations added, including some optional trades like – Strategic Recruitment Stream or Alberta Work Experience Category – available only till November 28, 2013
NEW Streamlined Criteria – Employer-Driven Stream, Skilled Worker Category – Supervisors/Managers in the Retail, Service and Foodservice Industries and also Plasterers, Drywallers and Upholsterers
NEW Streamlined Criteria – International Graduate Category, Employer-Driven Stream
Contact Our Immigration Lawyers About Your AINP Application
If you are planning to come to Canada, or if you wish to recruit a foreign worker, under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program then it would be beneficial for you if contact our experienced immigration lawyers today and book an appointment as soon as possible so as to discuss your eligibility, application and also the steps that you would require in going forward. We are a law firm whose roots are deeply embedded in Canada’s immigration system. We are a team of dynamic immigration lawyers who can greatly improve your chances of success in your application process.
Armstrong Immigration offers successful immigration services under ‘Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program’.