Most possibly, people living in an under developed or developing nation have a dream of relocating to a developed country to enjoy a high standard of living. The percentage of people and businesses who are applying for a permanent residency to countries like Canada and US is constantly rising. If you are one among them, then you need to prepare a Permanent Residency (PR) application that is submitted to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) department.
Some tips to be followed while preparing a PR application are:
- Keep copies of your document: Always keep a xerox copy to whatsoever documents you have submitted to the CIC for your own convenience. Moreover, a person should be aware of everything that is contained in the permanent residency application form. In case, an immigration lawyer asks you something about the application, you should be able to answer him.
- Don’t use staples: Use of staples while filling PR application is strictly prohibited. To bind the form together, either use paper clips or binder clips. When the CIC department receives an application, they drill a hole in the upper left corner to insert a fastener for holding the papers together. Removing a bunch of staple pins might frustrate them.
- Track your sending medium: Generally, these applications are sent by a trackable medium, such as Xpress Post or a courier. After you posted it, save the receipt at a secure place. Since it is one of the proof that you submitted your application, don’t ever think of misplacing it.
- Complete the form electronically: These applications should be error free and without any overwriting. To ensure this, fill the form on a computer so that mistakes can be corrected easily. Moreover, handwritten are hard to process compared to the electronic ones. To avoid slowing down of an application process, consider filing the form electronically.
- Keep track of passport expiry date: If your passport is out of date or is near around the expiry date, do get it renewed. Inform the immigration department about the issue. Most of the applications are denied just because the applicant fails to notice that their passport is running out of date.
- Don’t leave any time gaps: Before accepting your application, CIC wants to know about your recent past like where you’ve been, why you were there, and when you went there. There is need to show them the gaps and the reason behind it, if there’s any. A person also have to provide a detailed employment record and study history, failing which can hinder your PR application.
These are the simple tips for filling a permanent residency application form. If you are looking to immigrate to and fro Canada, contact our immigration consultants at Armstrong Immigration for fast visa processing.